View Single Post
      01-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
joepa150
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Titanium Silver 328i

Over holiday travel had to get two no name tires. What should I do?

I had to travel about 1600 miles on this holiday season. My rear tires appeared to have thread on them before my trip. After 800 miles the rear tires were almost bald. They were OEM RFT.

On the way home it rained hard. The rear of the car was all over the place even at 40mph. With 250 miles left, I was forced to pull off the interstate and find a place to buy tires. I was in the middle of nowhere and had to go to the only tire shop there. Luckily they had 255/40/17 tires for the rear. They did not have any tires for the front.

So I bought Nexen N3000 tires for the rear. I paid $250 installed. The rest of the drive went well in the rain. I was going to buy 4 new tires when I got back from my trip (Cont DWS or something similar). Now I don't know what to do. I have 2 tires on the rear that seem to be ok but I wanted 4 all season tires. The guy at the shop said to just wear the front tires out then replace them BUT I don't really want to have run flats in the front and non runflats in the rear.

Should I just replace all 4 with the tires I want?
Should I leave as is and replace front two when the wear out?
Should I replace the front 2 with same as rear Nexen?
Appreciate 0