View Single Post
      07-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworms View Post
i think turbo cars get benefits from cams too. i mean there must be a reason that the evo guys use them, right? cost-per-hp is probably not that great, but that will totally depend on price of the cams.

i know the VANOS in the 335s is probably more sophisticated than the e36 (mostly because it's probably for both exhaust and intake side), but i'd be surprised if it's not similar to the e46 M3. i think you'll see cams for the E9X M3 soon enough and i'm sure its VANOS is pretty sophisticated.
I completely agree with your arguments....But in regards to the E9x M3's, you can generally assume (NOT ALWAYS) that they have more money to throw around for mods, where as the N54 guys buy Turbo'd cars for the Low End TQ as well as the ability to bang for the buck mods....You might see some cams come out for our car when N54 Big Turbo kits are more prevalent, but I just do not see the justification at the moment for such a high dollar mod.

Also remember there are probably many more people out there modding Evo's and STi's then N54's...hence the business sense for building that stuff. Those guys are also REALLY pushing those more proven
powerplants.

Not to mention they only have ONE cam shaft

Last edited by joec500; 07-09-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0