View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Back in an E9x :)

I joined this forum back in May 2012 not long after purchasing my first BMW, an E90 25d Auto M Sport early LCI. I ran that until December 2013 and enjoyed it for the most part, there's a thread here somewhere regarding an awful paint match on a bumper mod I had done...

Anyway, twelve cars (I think) and a van later I'm back where it began, well almost. I had a steady commute for near on two years so bought a Fiesta Sport Van which was great but now I'm doing 60+ miles to and from various places of work I decided that something more comfortable and capable was needed.

This late E91 25d Auto came up on Autotrader and seemed to fit the bill. I went and had a look at it and drove it away the same day. Two owners, full BMW SH and 77k on the clock. There's the odd stone chip here and there and a few marks on the doors that'll polish out but I'm not too fussed. It's got the N57 engine so unlike my last 25d with the M57 I will get much more out of a remap if I decide to go for one. I ran a bluefin on the last one which was impressive but only gives about 240hp. I've emailed Simon at e-maps, looking forward to see what he can do.

I've just ordered a DRL LED upgrade kit from Perfekt Lighting (M3POWERBOY on cutters) which should be arriving this week. Not many other plans for mods as yet, perhaps 10mm spacers all round and I do like the gloss black mirror caps but that's about it. A set of 19" M359's would be nice but I've just replaced the dealer fit, ditch finder RFT's as they had a massive wobble on at 70mph so the 18's will do for now.

Appreciate 0