View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #109
obt1993
Rep
Drives: e92 n55 dct msport fbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrach View Post
Whoa, looks like I am late to the party. WTH is going on in here lol.

As previously mentioned I have a lot of info and pictures on my SS thread. File attachments aren't working for me right now on here so let me figure out how to host some of these photos for those of you who aren't on SS.

It seems everyone is clear that this is not a stock manifold, right? Has everyone seen the nice cutaway of the stock turbofold that Speedtech posted a while ago? It's insane.

I've completed dyno'ing the car with the current setup (11 135i, DCT, PS2, PFS PI, Injen Intake, custom 3" inlet w/ VS adapter, VRSF 7.5" race IC, VRSF outlet, VS stage 2.5 bucketless DW400, full magnaflow exhaust, catless DP, S55 flywheel, n20 plugs at .022, full 3: upper and lower chargepipes, E54 fuel, 22-23psi at 11.5* timing). The car made 475whp/475wtq on a dynojet at AZ Dyno Chip.

The VTT kit gets you a plug and play kit, with a cast manifold that removes the stock restrictions, a stainless turbine housing that removes the stock restrictions, a genuine Garrett GTX3076R, and a new pneumatic actuator that is pre-adjusted (can't tell you how much time I've spent with people trying to get their oem actuator adjusted correctly).

As far as the tuning, yes I do a ton of XDF development but to say that no one else will have the required tables is false. I work with MHD and all the reputable tuners and share info. I don't just blast untested tables out there for a couple reasons, 1. they are untested and I don't want someone to blow up their engine, 2. EMP, RFP, etc.

New kit will be installed this weekend. Hope to have first impressions the beginning of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrach View Post
Whoa, looks like I am late to the party. WTH is going on in here lol.

As previously mentioned I have a lot of info and pictures on my SS thread. File attachments aren't working for me right now on here so let me figure out how to host some of these photos for those of you who aren't on SS.

It seems everyone is clear that this is not a stock manifold, right? Has everyone seen the nice cutaway of the stock turbofold that Speedtech posted a while ago? It's insane.

I've completed dyno'ing the car with the current setup (11 135i, DCT, PS2, PFS PI, Injen Intake, custom 3" inlet w/ VS adapter, VRSF 7.5" race IC, VRSF outlet, VS stage 2.5 bucketless DW400, full magnaflow exhaust, catless DP, S55 flywheel, n20 plugs at .022, full 3: upper and lower chargepipes, E54 fuel, 22-23psi at 11.5* timing). The car made 475whp/475wtq on a dynojet at AZ Dyno Chip.

The VTT kit gets you a plug and play kit, with a cast manifold that removes the stock restrictions, a stainless turbine housing that removes the stock restrictions, a genuine Garrett GTX3076R, and a new pneumatic actuator that is pre-adjusted (can't tell you how much time I've spent with people trying to get their oem actuator adjusted correctly).

As far as the tuning, yes I do a ton of XDF development but to say that no one else will have the required tables is false. I work with MHD and all the reputable tuners and share info. I don't just blast untested tables out there for a couple reasons, 1. they are untested and I don't want someone to blow up their engine, 2. EMP, RFP, etc.

New kit will be installed this weekend. Hope to have first impressions the beginning of the week.
steve can you post pics of the custom inlet you used on the ps2
Appreciate 0