View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #47
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
It's going to be hard to tell if the crank bearings are fine since you'll have the drag of the pistons/rings and pumps to contend with. Chances are they are fine. My main bearings were fine when I spun several big end bearings at the track and literally cooked the bottom end lol.

Injectors should pop out with careful leverage. Sometimes they are kind of corroded into the head and are a PITA. Spray a little wd-40 down the hole. Injector puller isn't a bad investment though.

I have saved worse cams but it was worth the risk for me on a car that is basically just a toy a this point. Replacing the cam is probably your best bet. Clean up the caps the best you can. Slap it together and hope for the best. It's not that much money into it outside of your labor. If it works, it works. If it doesn't then it's not the end of the world. You're out a couple hundred bucks for the parts and time you put into it.
I plan to have the cams disconnected, oil pump out and the rod bolts barely put back on to avoid any significant drag. So I should just be pushing the pistons up and down with loose rod caps and everything else will be off the chain. I have a significant amount of resistance now but that could be the rods or the exhaust cam.
Appreciate 0