08-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Interesting. I really love the car and think it will be almost impossible to find the same spec'd f30 in my state. I had my car flatbedded to a different dealer where my close family friend is manager of fleet sales. Getting a loaner dropped off at my house tonight and gonna let them take a look at it
Yea it was an N55 too.

I would ask for a new car and talk to BMWNA. I want to reiterate how hard it is for a dealer to just up and give you a new car as a replacement. We had to jump through a few hoops and we "know" some people. It's an unlikely possibility but worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbell77 View Post
Did you lease or buy?

Not sure what laws are in your state, but they may be one that states you can return within 30 days. I'd want a fresh car if it was not leased, as that engine replacement will hurt resale value, IMO.
I agree. I would not want to buy a new car to have the engine replaced in under $1000 miles. I would be pretty upset about that and likely want to get rid of the car after. It's just not the same. If it's a lease then whatever but I dont lease cars so I cant empathize as well.

|Price Match Guarantee + 5% Bonus Back* | |CTS| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Fabspeed| |Injen| Create an Account for up to 10% OFF!