View Single Post
      07-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Scottycs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Eonon D5165 - Updated with Pics

EDIT** I purchased the unit and updated with pics.

Quote:
I barely can find any info on the Eonon D5165, and it looks like have of the threads have been deleted. For $384 with navigation maps it seems decent, not to mention it is PnP. I have the HiFi system, which looks like it should be pretty straight forward. Looked at the Dynavin, but feel it is overpriced. If I'm gonna by cheap chinese junk, I want to pay the cheap chinese price, not Apple prices!
I ended up buying this from another member for $265. Installed yesterday, it was fairly straight forward, all plug in play. I routed the GPS antenna under the A pillar and it works perfectly. All steering wheel buttons work, the voice command now MUTES the system. Overall, I am very happy for under $300 out of pocket! Interface looks great! Canbus and vehicle related functions like PDC support and display, OBC display, button lighting that dims, selectable automatic screen dimming, car error warning tones work with the included harness. Tones are a generic beep that come from behind the dash in the canbus harness box, but are still very audible.

2 minor issues I've noticed
1) The volume is fairly loud for the lowest setting when in Radio. (fixed by turning off LOUD feature)
2) GPS volume could be a little louder on max volume settings (fixed see below)

GPS Volume fixed by adding this to the sys file in the root folder:

[sound]
os_volume="250"
sound_volume="150"
voice_volume="250"
dynamic_volume_type="1"
dynamic_volume_voicemaxspeed="0"
dynamic_volume_voice_volume_max="63"
dynamic_volume_minspeed="80"
os_muted="0"
Attached Images

Last edited by Scottycs; 07-29-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0