View Single Post
      12-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
stratstrummer
Private
Rep
Drives: Want a 330i soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidal@mac.com
So, I got my 330 with sat prep. I hesitated on their oem radio since I preferred to get the new sirius s-50... which is basically a portable system, that has it's own 50hr tivo-type recorder. it also can be pulled out of the cradle (car or home) and used to playback recorded shows and mp3s just like an ipod. it even looks like an ipod nano in black.

MY BIG QUESTION...
can i access the antenna coax connector from the prewired sat-prep sharkfin in order to connect up my new s-50?

I imagine it terminates either in the trunk (if that's where the oem system installs) or in the dash near the display. I just want to connect it to the s-50.

My only other alternative, which is not really so bad, is that i use the small antenna that came with the carkit version of the s-50. it's about the size of a small coaster, and magnetic. I tested it by leaving it on the rear deck and it worked perfectly. (it held magnetically to the hook on the deck). it could be a pretty inconspicuous install, but my first choice would be to use the existing bmw sirius sat-prep antenna.

anyone able to speak on this? you can also email me directly.

thanks.

jan
I would also be interested to find the answer to this question.
Appreciate 0