Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz5219 View Post
Has anybody else tried this with both the bluetooth and the 6FL together? I'd like to get more confirmation that I can plug the phone into the center armrest via the IPOD cable, and still receive and send calls via bluetooth.
I sure did.

Here's what happens:

Actively using iPhone --> Call Comes in --> iPhone music dims, pauses --> phone rings & displays nicely on the phone and iDrive

Everything works as you would expect.

Now, I rejected the call in my test, so I don't know if this makes a difference:

Rejected call using iDrive (not the phone) --> Returned to the AUX display to the song I was playing --> iPhone remained paused --> hit the "on/off" knob next to the CD insert TWICE --> music resumed as normal.

Now, I imagine that my "rejecting" the call may have confused the device, I think I would have had different findings had I accepted. Regardless, the bottom line is that the iPhone works using the iPod connecter for music WHILE you have the bluetooth enabled for use as a phone. Your contacts show up fully as expected.

The only thing that did NOT work flawless for me was the return of music "unpausing" after I rejected the call.

Last edited by Professor///M; 06-30-2007 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0