08-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #99
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrite View Post
Thanks to everyone who contributes here!

Question for anyone:
I have a 2010 E90 with the base "Stereo" system that I'm looking to upgrade. It doesn't sound bad (when the volume is low and you're wearing ear plugs...)

I'm looking at installing a JL Audio Cleansweep followed by a JL XD600/6 to power the speaker / under-seat woofers (which will be replaced, not sure with what yet.)
From what I've been reading, my stock HU filters the speaker outputs depending on what speaker it's going to. But the Cleansweep will basically remove that filtering and give me a flat EQ curve to all speakers, right?
If that's the case, does anyone see a problem running the Cleansweep to the XD600/6 amp? I would run separate channels to each speaker (new lines for the under-seat woofers.)

I also have a JL 500/1v2 amp and JL 13TW5 sub that I'm considering putting in the trunk. Since the Cleansweep will remove the filtering, will I be able to run that amp by tapping the rear deck speakers?

I've done a few system overhauls before, but it's a totally different beast trying to work with this stock HU and all it's specifics.
Thanks!
You should really start a thread.

However, while a CleanSweep can reverse most EQing, it can't restore all crossover-filtered signals. If you summed the F and R channels, which would restore the bass, youd lose the fade. But anyway, Why would you want your sub on the rear speakers?
Appreciate 0