View Single Post
      07-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #38
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
I have no mufflers and receive compliments all the time. I find it to be relatively quiet.

My exhaust consists of the DPF/SCR/mufflers removed, running through a 3" 50-cell cat.
9mm, Is your exhaust the OEM minus the DPF/SCR and mufflers gone? Or do you have an aftermarket exhaust with downpipe, SCR gone and no mufflers?

I see that you mentioned a 50 cell cat so that may quieten things a little. Where is the cat at?

I am the later and all piping is true diameter. Only about 8" of 3" OD, a y split into (2) 2.5" OD. I have the 2.5" resonators and then straight pipe all the way back. I have 4" OD/3" ID exhaust tips. At low to around 1800 RPM, its very loud. At freeway speeds, its fine.

Iaknown, sorry for stepping on your thread. Other than 9mm, others may want something a little more subtle. I'm only speaking out to prevent others from going into "redo" mode like i likely am.

Iaknown has been working on this for a long long time and i feel there is a reason his "out of the gate" offering is with the muffs.

Sou335rD and caraudio1, tell us how your exhaust sounds with those mufflers please? I'm traveling again this week and will work on getting a video of my exhaust when I get back home.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 07-27-2015 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0