06-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #1146
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddave91 View Post
Hi guys,
Recently bought a brand new 2011 335i x-drive SE (from 2009 M3) about 25 days ago and the car is in the shop for 4 days already, currently with 2300km... Anyways, to make long story short, I had to bring my car in after 1st week to get the connecteddrive to work (old coding apparently), and car was running smoothly until 4 days ago... On Last Thursday night, I got into the car no problem, pressed the brake with key inserted with power on, but as I pushed the Start buttom, a "zap" sound caused the entire car to shut down... no power whatsoever, couldn't even honk nor open the trunk! As frustrated as I could be, I had to wait 2hr for buster's guy to try and jump start it....of course the battery was completely drained, and had to have the car towed in on Friday morning.

Yesterday morning, the CSR called saying that they still couldn't locate the problem, and they only know that one of modules wasn't shut down properly causing the battery to drain, and it may take days or even weeks to address what's causing it. Then the CSR fed me with whole bunch of BS that it might have been caused by my driving behavior... short distance city driving not allowing the battery to recharge over time....thinking WTH?! I have driven M3 that same way and never had this happened to me. I was furious and decided to end the conversation with client right beside me.

Anyways, couple questions for you guys,
1) If the car is fixed but the problem persist, am I entitled to ask the dealer to get me another one? Also have new car replacement insurance.
2) What other recourse(s) can I take right now since they are making false accusation...? Talking to CSR manager instead of that goon who doesn't know what he's talking about?

Your input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Call BMW Canada if the dealer doesn't seem to be doing anything for you. They usually take things pretty seriously.

If the problem keeps re-occurring you can try to get the car replaced but there aren't too many special editions left if any at all so you might not get like for like. Try regardless though. These cars cost quite a bit...they should operate without issues.
Appreciate 0