View Single Post
      01-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #89
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Animal, was there any hassle involved in changing the valve cover? I recall that the design has changed (in what regard I do not know). I know the hassle of disconnecting the little injector feeds off of the common rail. My question was more in regard to what were differences in old and new cover please.

335dsleeper had told us of having to purge the fuel rail after he had disconnected the HPFP (he was hunting a problem that ultimately was a not fully seated electrical connector on the lifting pump). He may have ultimately changed the HPFP as part of the trouble shooting. My point of mention is it would be good to purge air out of the injector feed tubes.

For anyone out there, does running the lift pump purge this area too? I'm not sure if flow can get past the HPFP. It would seem the injectors are dead headed even if you can purge the common rail itself. Seems I recall sleeper doing something to get a little flow out of the injector feed tubes with tube disconnected from injector's inlet.
Appreciate 0