View Single Post
      08-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #110
rbreding
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328d, 335d, x5d

Thanks Mik for the tools. Just want to add to the overall process. Took about 1.5hrs per cylinder to complete. Did it over 3 days @ 2 per day. Cylinder 6 was a PITA on the upper valve to get clean due to the firewall and cowl. Had to remove the wipers and trim out of the way to get that really hard to reach upside down curve but she came clean.

I did the EGR delete at the same time so any additional EGR Based soot has been eliminated. Oil catch can is waiting on a couple hoses but will be installed this week. No more funky shit in my intakes!

The internal intake shots were from the worst before and after. The upper port shot external was probably the worst one.

I will say that that process took a little time and I definately don't want to do it again, but it really wasn't that awfully bad. If your compressor is borderline or has seen some years this process might very well put it over the edge.

BTW this is the camera that I used on my S8+. It provided an invaluable function in this overall process (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
Attached Images

Appreciate 3