04-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #26
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan50 View Post
Realizing I did answer this question.

The tab softens the cutoff. After trimming otitis gives you a sharp cutoff line.

As for focusing I'd get the tuning kit from retrofit source. They are basically ring shaped spacers that you stack to get the focus you want. I personally put the headlight housing (minus the lens), and left the projector assembly loose so I could just plug it in and try it, then add/remove without full install/disassembly every time. If I remember correctly I didn't use any.

I did have to grind down the lens, which I made a thread about. How to grind down a projector lens to fit the holder https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735825
Yes, the paper spacers were purchased from TRS to get a guestimate of 1st iteration of 3D printed adapter's offset dimension. I know the drill here but thanks.

The E90 LCI adaptive lens holder has a weird 3 finger holding setup. The paper spacers and slightly undersize STi-R lens will fall through the holder. Thus, my adapter holds the undersize STi-R lens AND has the 3 keyways on it to be held by the 3 fingers.
Appreciate 0