View Single Post
      01-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #97
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Just for fun...

the holy grail for me, always has been and always will be, the E46 M3 CSL carbon airbox. glad I was able to pick this up super cheap (has a bit of a flaw on one corner) - it would be relatively simple to adapt to the N52, but it would probably be too long - I'm not sure it would clear my brake booster. The trumpets are pretty huge - but they taper it down to ~49mm. I had been planning 48mm trumpets. Wondering if I should go a little smaller to keep up the velocity.

One thing this does illustrate is a problem that I realized when thinking of my custom trumpets with the ITG filter setup - the oil filter housing is seriously in the way. I can make something that clears it, but then I lose brake booster clearance.. I think it's doable just a little more difficult.

Anyone know if there's a such thing as an oil filter housing relocation kit? as it is, if I make it as short as possible (which I think will be dictated more by packaging than anything else), I'll probably end up having to remove the airbox to change the oil. Not a big deal really - I could use that opportunity to clean out the filter I guess.. but I'd like to have more flexibility to have a shorter stack.
Appreciate 0