View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #485
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - NOW SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpom23 View Post
I'm now a not so proud member of the cracked alloy club!

MOT failed on rear tyres and 3 cracks in OSR tyre.

Got the tyres replaced and rang local BMW dealer (same one as pjs) and the woman said they would do the run out test as they need it in order to submit a goodwill claim.

Is the run out test just for information gathering or will it form the basis for acceptance? If it's been damaged for any length of time it would be out of tolerance anyway wouldn't it?!

Has anyone had an alloy replaced that was out of tolerance?
I found out I was in the club yesterday too after going to get tyres replaced after MOT passed at BMW but they didnt pick up the 2 rear rears had cracked.

Booked in for this fob off test on Tuesday where I am fully expectant they well blind me with figures as to why they dont need to replace them, even though the car has Full BMW Service history, was bought by me as an approved used car and I even took it to BMW for its MOT, still in extended warranty also.

Will post an update following Tuesday.
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0