2 Wheels is better than 4
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
2011 Ducati 848 EVO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
Nor do I want a flame war, nor did I ever say that you shouldn't be in intermediate or advance group. Question: Do you or do you not have a motorcycle racing license? I suggest that you never even think of the word "race" at an HPDE. Lower your own expectations, have fun, learn... Be a good guy, offer the gentlemanly point by, you'll actually earn respect when you give those - and the opposite, when you don't. I don't doubt that you have a hefty pair and will probably drive fast as hell and with your track familiarity it may be safer for all if you are in the intermediate group . (Be on the ball that first morning and grid first, and when you catch up to the train and instead of being an arse and "race", ask your instructor to pit and give yourself space in front again.) I will also suggest you contact your instructor, or HPDE group, and ask for any reading material before you go, and effing read it well. That's it, bring lots of water and eats, and I'll say it again, drop your pride off at the gate.
I do in fact have my race license. I don't intend to "race" during a trackday, I just plan on driving within my capabilities and not driving over my head. I intend to have fun and learn how the car handles at increased speeds on a controlled course.

I appreciate the suggestions for water and grub, that is always something I think I bring too much but end up with not enough.
Appreciate 0