View Single Post
      12-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Give it a good pull.

I should have taken a photo of how it sits in there but basically it's a plastic tab. Just make sure you're going straight towards you and horizontal. Putting it back in was harder because you have to go parallel exactly back in. Basically, it's nearly impossible to plug anything in unless you get that piece out so this is a required step.

Now, if anyone can clear up the last part, that would be great. Phone charges but I'm not sure if the reception is better yet. I'm not sure if the 09's are already connected or not? The last part about connecting the antenna has me puzzled. I looked at the pieces and the pink one is a male antenna cable but I can't find a female end to plug it in to. There seems to be a port open on the communications module in the back (it has the Bluetooth symbol on it) but the cable's not long enough to stretch.

To answer everyone's question about where in the trunk this antenna cable is, it's right behind the little compartment that's sunk into the trunk. If you grab the plastic handle to lift up the compartment, you'll see where it hinges it can be pulled up easily too (with no effort at all). I found the communications module by accident because I was putting a frozen chicken in the trunk and didn't want it moving around (no joke!). If you can't find it still, I'll take some photos.

And if anyone has any clue how to finish this DIY about the connections in the trunk, please update this thread! Especially if you have an 09! (because I'm thinking the 09's are different).
Appreciate 0