View Single Post
      04-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #99
335ddd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Haha, I count 6 quick questions! But could be involved answers. I'll try to give quick answers:

- Evidence says SCR will become restricted.
- In the strictest sense, it will happen regardless of tune. It is just a question of when.
- Flashing back to stock with DP has issues that should be obvious. Seems like something is missing in the description of that scenario?
- SCR, fluid drain procedure already described quite well here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1089933&page=3
thank you for a quick response

so SCR & urea tanks get completely disabled. Meaning no spraying of urea into SCR. no fluid transfer between passive / active tanks.

1. reverting to stock flash will require first to refill urea since car will get disabled right away on empty tank, correct?

2. any chance for an empty passive / active tanks and its hardware (hoses, injectors) drying out and causing more damage if later reverting back to stock. Its known that SCR / urea injector gets clogged up in a stock form. Hence my assumption is unless spray injector is taken out an separately cleaned after the draining, whatever fluid residue is left will eventually crystallize requiring add'l $$$ or cleaning if reverting back to stock.
Appreciate 0