View Single Post
      10-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #1
xbobsix1
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 440I F36

Question E90 After market touch screen backup camera?

Hello Everyone!

I installed an aftermarket touchscreen in my 335I E90 from 2008. It replaces the radio, and i absolutely love it.

I tried to install the backup camera that came with the screen, and i ran all the wiring through the car, and that all went fine.

I cant tho seem to get the camera working.
It's a little while since i did this, and a havent looked into it afterwards. I just thought i would get it working soon, since it's a very nice thing to have in the vehicle.

As far as i remember, you had to run a long cable for power, all the way through the car panels and to the back of the radio/touchscreen, and put it to a wire that provides power. I think that might very possibly be where i went wrong, maybe i did not get it connected to a wire with power?

No matter what i do, the touchscreen just does not seem to get a signal/picture from the camera.

I was hoping someone might have had the same problem as me, and would be able to tell me what they did wrong?

I looked at alot of the videos online, but that did not help me at all unfortunately :/

Please let me know if i can provide more information to assist in the case, and thank you a whole lot in advance!
Appreciate 0