View Single Post
      12-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #961
Patronus86
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Hello all. I'm joining this thread not because I have encountered a limp mode but in anticipation of it. I plan on tracking my 335is 6mt sometime in the spring. It will likely be in the Northeastern USA, so temps shouldnt be too hot. Has anyone else with a 335is encountered limp mode or cooling issues after some hard driving?

I'm not planning on fiddling with the tune as of yet. And I know the 335is comes with some additional cooling as is...so I was just wondering if I needed to upgrade anything cooling wise before tracking it?

Slightly off topic question: short of getting the old M3 or new M4, what would people recommend for a daily driver that you can also track (preferably in the same category as BMW: luxury/performance)? I haven't heard too much about Audi or Mercedes in terms of dual use. I know a lot of people like to buy and modify slightly used porsches, but even used those things are expensive and costly to maintain.

The new 335 with the n55, though it looks cool, I've heard does not have nearly the same tuning potential as the old N54 335i. Is the N54 the best option for daily driving and occasional track use, despite its historical cooling issues?
Appreciate 0