View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #91
TTStevens
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Whisperjet View Post
A piggyback is simple and can get you some zip but a tune comes in many varieties to suit your performance goals *plus* you can "tune out" undesirable components like SCR, DPF, and EGR so that the car knows they are gone and no CEL puts a suntan on your forehead.
Ha ha, thank you for the imagery and the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDemonDM View Post
Piggybacks like JBD is a "plug and play" little box that intercept signals and adjust accordingly to dump more fuel.. so this is a cheap way to get extra HP, this is good for people on a budget or people that don't plan on keeping the car for long.. all you have to do is pull the JBD out and you are back to stock numbers.

Chip tuning like JR,BPC, etc. actually change the code in your DDE.. in a nutshell the car's permanently coded to perform A LOT better (if you plan on selling the car you will need to have the DDE re-flashed to come back to stock numbers). This option is much better but more expensive... totally worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a while. Most people in this forum go with JR 2.8 or BPC 2+ both of options unlock the full potential of the D without the need to swap any stock parts... but you will need to do deletes to avoid issues.

Welcome the D side.. cheesy I know.. sorry.
Thanks for the details and in-depth info. The car I'm looking into has a piggyback already and I'll probably leave it on for a bit as long as it's not turning the dash into a Christmas tree or the dreaded limp mode. Eventually I'll do a tune, but I figured an exhaust would be first that way I don't have to tune it again after the new pipes.
Appreciate 0