05-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #34
beattiecj
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 2017 x5 35i 1988 e30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYEGUY View Post
Why is everyone hating on the Ohlins Road and Track. I had them for two years on my E46 M3 and they where amazing and I just ordered a set for my E92. I do agree that the spring rates from the factory are less than ideal, especially for and kind of track use but once upgraded with Swift springs I would venture to say they are some of the best if not the best Coilovers at there price point.

As far as rusting goes, I live in Rhode Island where they go absolutely nuts with salt in the winter and I DD'd my car every winter and never had any problems.

I would highly recommend Ohlins R&T's with Swift springs if you're looking for a set of Coilovers.
Reaching over from the 1 series forum world but a lot of hate on the ohlins R&T which are the same for the e90 & e82. For the price point I think they are a solid setup for mix use as long as you go with swift springs, compared to all others mentioned above do your research. My first track day I dropped 3 seconds a lap from 1:19s to 1:16s at NJMP Lighting with room to spare for a faster time. The coilovers and a proper alignment do wonders.

The problem with suspension debates, no one posts solid results of improvement I.e. a vs b under the same constraints and variables yielded this result.

Someone please go buy 5-6 different coilover setups and run laps to prove what is best!
Appreciate 0