View Single Post
      01-06-2021, 09:12 PM   #25
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Well after waiting for a while I finally managed to pick up a used 3 stage manifold which happened to have a set of Vaico disa valves inside of it. Of course since I have no warranty to care about, I tested and opened them both. (Pic #1)

Large valve:

The large valve actuated good and quick, issue at first glance is the green gasket that is starting to fall apart. (Pic #2) When opened the valve does seem to have already had some PCV oil starting to get through the shaft seal.

Small valve:

Small valve did not actuate at all and had a light amount of flap-shaft play. It sounded as if the motor was turning and not stopping but it wasn't turning anything. After I opened the valve I saw that one of the ICs had desoldered from the board (Pics 3&4). I put an OEM board in the valve and the motor now stops when it should but nothing moved, the motor has a little drive in front that turns the worm gear and this was squashed all against the motor so it wasn't making contact with the worm and turning the valve (Pic #5). Green seals also a bit rough.

These are the 2nd valves I see with this board design, only other were some bad Chinese valves a friend had in a manifold he got. The motors are open in the back where the brushes are which I think would make it easier for oil to get inside and slow them down (Pic #6). Boards and motors are all soldered to the housing so they don't move which is smart. I think these are a Chinese valve that has been rebadged and or made with higher quality standards as the motors are the same as other Chinese valves, although faster. No idea what the age is, maybe a couple years at most.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
gT-BMW203.00