Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you're uploading firmware and it fails to load then yes definitely don't start the car. The interface will give you the same warning.

"JB3 is currently without firmware. Starting the motor will result in a long crank, multiple check engine lights, and will not operate properly. You must upload firmware before attempting to operate the vehicle."

mike
Fully aware of it as of two days ago after my experience. However during the load if it happens it doesn't pop that message, until you disconnect and reconnect. At that point JB software interface recognizes if software is missing due to corruption or bad load or etc and it'll pop the message you've stated.

However it doesn't address my comment about the by-pass as a fail safe. Luckily it happened to me at home while I was performing an update. However what if the software corrupts while you're on the road, albeit the chances of that happening might be minimum to non but we all know sh!t happens... e.g electrical spike anomaly. I would be pissed being stack on the middle of the road with out tools trying to by pass JB3 to get car back to normal operations to get home or....

Therefore I would love to see BMS introduce fail safe by-pass in JB3 in case of something like that to occur.

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0