Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
Edit - to the OP - yes installing and LSD will make the car more predictable, faster, and sportier. I loved that mod.
But without it the car is still fun?
Yes, I think you want a 335is. That car will be a lot of fun with or without an LSD. If you get one with the DCT trans, then it has a welded Diff. This means, if you really want an LSD, your best bet is to buy a complete pumpkin and install it.

If you are not an experienced DIYer, I'd really steer you clear from sending the Diff out to have the weld taken off and then installing the LSD. Bottom line, this will be a $2300.00 part plus install. If you plan on just installing the pumpkin, You will need a special 50mm wrench, a transmission jack and a really good torque wrench.

I think you said that you live in Canada. To me that means snow. From what I have read, an LSD is better in snow.

It is true that all M cars come with an LSD. Does everyone that owns an M really use the LSD to its fullest potential? Probably not, unless they track the car and are experienced at the track.

I can think of a lot of bolt on, after mkt parts that I would add to a 335is before I did an LSD, but that's just me.

In my opinion, I'd get a good/ great set of Michelin or Blizzak WS80's, on a separate set of rims, for the winter. I'd also not go wider than 235. 225 if you can.
If after the winter, you still feel you want an LSD, go for it.

Even if you plan on tracking the car, track it for a season with the open Differential and then make a decision from there.
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50