05-09-2019, 04:28 AM   #12
criscarp
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
You did a really good job to be honest, I am really surprised the premium took such a small impact, as I say having spoken to a few on my journey to getting insurance after all of my claims I've been told a number of times even people with no fault claims can struggle and it is of course on their for 5 years :/

While there are other things that can be done, have you considered a paint pen from BMW/Online? I was going to purchase a paint pen for mine (Black Sapphire) as the person who scuffed my bumper took it all the way to the plastic but I think with a few strokes of that pen and a little clear coat it may be hard to notice unless you knew what you where looking for.
Yes, £30 difference does not seem much and It was on GoCompare, carnt remember which company though, maybe If I had taken out the insurance and then they ask for more details they may say premium is higher? Who knows? But £1200 for the bumper repair is worrying, I thought that if an insurance repair cost was 50% of the value of your car it is considered written off. So that repair and then hire car cost during repair and admin fees. My car would be written off.

No I have not considered the paint pens, I tried to fix a key scratch on the side of my car with just lacquer because its not all the way through the paint, but it looked worse, so I removed it. I suspect the same would happen with the pen it wont be flat enough and light reflection may make it look terrible.

I have a dig scrape down to the plastic on my front bumper also from the same car park on a previous visit as this incident. Also no my fault but the person did not hang around.
Appreciate 0