10-22-2019, 07:41 PM   #54
Canuck335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335ix Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy909 View Post
So I'm most of the way done with installing a GA9365 in my 2011 335i E93... far enough along so I could temporarily hook it up and test the HU. So far pleased - sound is good, hooks up to wifi in my garage, bluetooths to my phone.

Couple of questions if anybody knows...

1. Is it possible to hook up the USB and aux in in the arm rest to the HU? I was hoping it was thru the quad connector but don't thinks so.

2. My E93 had 2 radio antenna leads going to the back of my stock professional deck but one of the plugs was wrapped up and not connected. I used the other one and reception seems to be good. Curious what that was about.

3. Behind the stock radio there is another unused plug tied off. It is a tan 4 prong mini plug. Anyone know what this is?
1. I think the USB /Aux in terminates at the MULF in the trunk. So you'd have to run wiring and a custom harness from the trunk to the front console. Not worth it IMO. I just ran the two USB cables into the glove box per the install instructions that came with the Eonon. Added a USB hub and extension cable for greater flexibility and reach.

2. The second one is probably for the satellite radio antenna. (Later E90 radios have the Sirius receiver built into the radio.)

3. Sorry I don't know what the tan connector is for. Did not see it on my car. You take a look at the wiring diagrams on newtis if you're that curious.
Appreciate 0