View Single Post
      05-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #21
ziv
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i, SG, Sport

Man, you guys are making everyone nervous :-) RELAX !!! I drove the car on Monday for 350 miles. I had 2 keys. I played with them. All the settings were memorized. DON'T WORRY !!! The daylight running lights were a dealer programmed feature, on the E46. I think that BMWNA meant to say that this feature isn't part of the key memory, which may be true. When picking up the cars through ED, BMW doesn't program daylight running lights and auto door locks because, believe it or not, they are afraid of Americans suing them (since Americans sue for everything). They want Americans to sign a form, when the car arrives at the dealer, that ASKS the dealer to program a bunch of things. THAT'S IT.

That said -- Troy, the other 330i that joined me for the drive in Munich had iDrive and he could actually program several of these things in his car, which I couldn't. So if you have iDrive, you have more control of things you can do, w/o asking the dealer. If you don't have iDrive, you will have to go to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

ciao ---

Ziv.
Appreciate 0