View Single Post
      06-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

First of all, I would highly recommend you DO NOT visit Taste of Chicago. My friends and I have hated it last year. It was very crowded, mixed/ heavy food smell everywhere and the quality of the food was horrible.

Thinking you have only 4 days, definitely spend some time at:
- Michigan Ave
- Rush street (Ohio thru Maple) (Check out the Bentley Dealer at 834 N. Rush. They carry Lambo's, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce etc. Yesterday there was a Bugatti Veyron)
- North Ave beach.
These are all close to each other and would take 4-5 hours to walk around/ stop for a few drinks etc.

Another half day activity could be to go to Damen & Division intersection and walk East and West on Damen. There are several cafes with outside seating, nice restaurants and retail around. From there, you can walk North on Damen until you cross North Ave. Again walk couple of blocks on North and Milwaukee Ave. Nice cafes, retail etc. I highly recommend Northside Bar and Grill to eat & drink.

For the 3rd day, as another half day activity, you may want to see Southport corridor. Start at Belmont & Southport and walk on Southport up north. Similar to Division and Damen, several cafes with outside seating.

Other than these, you may want to visit Shedd Aquarium and Field's Museum if you are interested. Check out their websites.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0