10-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #40
al8apex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6mt sport, 21k m

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Dennis87 View Post
I think they have a 5-day return policy. But then you can hold a car up to 3 days and if you're transferring a car that can take even longer. I never noticed it on Carmax before.
I thought I found the next best thing to a manual E91 at the Pleasanton CA location of CarMax at the end of August: a loaded (xenons, premium, 193's, etc) 2011 M sport manual trans E90. My son knew someone at the AZ location and it was only $399 to transfer the car here.

I paid the $ for the transfer as it would have cost me more to fly there and drive it back. It took nearly 3 weeks and once it arrived was unable to be driven or sold as they have some policy that the title has to be converted to a local one. We went down to look at it anyway that day (knowing we couldn't drive it).

Anyway ... the car was a great 50 footer, but getting closer showed paint work done by a blind person in a dust storm. LITERALLY tape lines AND overspray, overspray on the drivers side seats, yes plural, front and back seats.

They said they are refunding my transfer fees, have yet to confirm that that happened. My sons friend says he is leaving there (he has worked there for nearly 3 years) as the car quality has been heading south for some time.

The car was priced at $17.9 with 53 k miles, black sapphire with lots of great options.

I half heartedly offered them $10k for it saying I'd have to spend $8k to correct all the f'd up paint work ... car fax showed clean too, I really couldn't detect any damage, I think the car may have been keyed for the odd, random (shitty) paint work to have been done

Last edited by al8apex; 10-02-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0