07-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
Czechmate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabdriver View Post
]

Assuming the install is correct, I think 2pm is too strong, start at 5, making sure to clear all codes and run lambda adaption each time you change the setting.
I recently did this starting at 5 then 4, jumping back to 6 and eventually to 7 before I got the desired results. Have some patience and keep moving the dial until you get the desired results. The BMS install literature advises on situations that arise the would cause you to turn the dial clockwise or counter clockwise.

Searching through forum posts, I see a lot of guys giving up too early or trying to fix sensors for erratic DME codes driven by the fix. Read the notes after the instructions and adjust accordingly. Took me about 4 nights to get all cleared up, which it did for a few hours before I got some codes. Long enough to get what I needed though, so maybe 8pm would have been even better...

BMS Instructions
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...dH69udYRCRIht6

Readiness Drive Cycle
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ight=Emissions

Personally I think if you fudges the install, either the car would not start or you might experience drivability issues. If it's running fine, it should be ok. Check your work again if you think otherwise.
How do I run a lambda adaptation?
*edit After finding an old thread I have a general idea. I dont understand if it is selected via the steering wheel controls in the JB4 1/7 and then the order of "key in the car, foot off the brake, start button, gas 30 sec, start, ect." or just selected via the JB4 1/7 with the car ignition on.

I want to make sure I understand correctly, because the instructions tell you what code gets thrown when the dial is too high or too low, but doesnt say when that code will appear. My issue has been that I will turn the car on after adjusting the setting to 6, clear the codes, run a drive cycle (aside from the cold idle, because by the time the car is on the code pops up and when I reset it it would negate the 2 min idle anyways would it not?) then when I park the car and turn it off after getting no codes, I'll wake up the next day, get in the car, turn it on and I'll get CEL light giving me the same codes as mentioned in the OP. That's the part I am confused about.

I haven't had a CEL during a drive after a reset, only after the car is off, cold, then turned back on.