View Single Post
      12-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #44
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Repost from Mr. 5's M3 parts thread:

The M/M-sport suspension package: (prices rounded, approximate, and no doubt subject to change... HP Autowerks has kits for control arms, tension rods, rear subframe bushings, and strut brace; Tischer has kits for dampers+springs+rear sway, control arms+tension rods+rear subframe bushings, and strut brace)

$550 BMW Perf dampers
$350 BMW Perf springs
$100 M-sport rear sway
($980 for kit @ Tischer)

$405 Control arms & tension rods
$220 M3 Rear subframe bushings
_____
$1615 sub-total
_____

$315 M3 Front strut brace
$50 Used E92 rear chassis brace (for E90)
_____
$1980 total

About the cost of the Premium package... I know which option I would choose!

Install costs will vary depending on who does it, but note that at a minimum you will need a proper alignment. Good shops are likely to charge about $400 for the dampers+springs, $300 for the rear sway, $300 for rear bushings (might be savings doing them together with sway or differential LSD work), $100 for control arms+tension rods, and $100 for alignment.

OT here, but add the BMW Perf exhaust, brake kit (when available for 335), forged wheels & non-rfts, Quaife LSD, tune, lightweight battery, interior M-sport bits, and along with the suspension stuff above, you have a car similar in most performance respects to the M3 for 12-15k depending on labor costs. At least 100 lbs. lighter to boot. Sure would make a factory ZHP/tii package with most of the above stuff a bargain at 4-5k...
Appreciate 0