Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
e92, manual, 07, owned 10 months, bought at 57k has 64k now, replaced a coil.

e90, manual, 07, owned 14 months, bought at 75k has 90k now, replaced a coil and plugs.

Granted I have not had them very long but no major issues yet. I turn all of my own wrenches so it's just the cost of the part + my time. I have a beater so I can have a car down for a couple days waiting for the part or to do the work. I've never owned a car with a warranty so i generally dgaf and just fix things when they break. FWIW I plan on owning these two cars for the next 4-5 years. I'm really not worried. BMW + AWD + manual + 4 doors + 400whp is like the ultimate DD for me. Nothing else in the price range competes...

If you prefer to take it to the stealership and get loaners then I would say get a warranty or buy a newer car.

If you go without a warranty and don't turn your own wrenches find an indy bmw shop that is close to you.

I think people only complain and post on the forums when they have issues. Granted these cars have more issues than others.

I would start with the 'free' tune and go from there. The difference between 8psi and 18psi is quite large even with everything else stock. There is no reason to not run the tune in the winter, I guess you might not want as much tq if the roads are shitty but it's pretty easy to control how much power is put down with your right foot.

edit: either way you need a tune asap. completely different car. You are welcome to go for a ride in my car if you want to see what FBO vs. Stock feels like.

Last edited by Torgus; 07-08-2014 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0