View Single Post
      04-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #29
TomsTT335I
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Hi Guys my 1st post just got a 07 335i, I have 3 questions I was going to buy a CSF radiator then I read this post.

1. What exactly is this coolant OEM sleeve missing on the CSF radiator? So other replacements are not missing this? I need a heater for sure! So don't buy the CSF? Have others had the same issue? Seems strange.

"The CSF radiator eliminates the OEM coolant sleeve, which means water bypasses the thermostat. Im waiting on a call back from CSF tech support but he already said that its not an issue and if I cant live with no heater in DC, to stuff cardboard in front of the radiator to warm it up.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE."

2.The auto trans cooling lines, it was talked about unhooking them with a special tool. Then it was said you don't need one. Dont you just unbolt from the radiator and leave the lines hooked up? Then just bolt it to the new radiator? are there O rings on this that need replaced?

3. Part numbers for the o rings that I would need, questions were asked and I'm not sure now what o-rings are needed. How many o-rings total for this job? Where is the best place to order these at?
Thanks again for your help!
Appreciate 0