07-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Have you had the "Blower Motor Wiring" or Harness Recall done on your vehicle? Since you are in Canada, I don't know if you have similar recall procedures as US.

ANYONE who has sounds coming from the Glovebox area, AFTER that recall (17V-676) has been performed, should be aware that the first step in the prescribed "Procedure" per the attached RCRIT, beginning at Page 6, is to remove the Glovebox. Then, as described at Page 10, the Lower A-Pillar trim has to be removed to access the Chassis Ground Location for the NEW Ground wire.

May have NOTHING to do with the "creaking noise" in this case, but something to be aware of if things change after recall performed.

George
Yeah all recalls were done before I got the car and I think blower motor was part of it. The dealer also had to change the AC component in the dash (I think evaporator) before I bought the car used since it was broken so I'm scared they did something when the dash was fully apart...

I identified one glove box rattle/crack to be the damper piston but that was a completely other noise.

To give you an idea. I was able to drive without the A pillar airbag cover, without the glove box, without the underpannel (above feet under glovebox) and without the long metal dash trim and I am still getting the noise.
Appreciate 0