07-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #8
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens View Post
Check the side of the dash on the passenger side, there is a panel that you can see with the door open. It is clipped in to cover everything up, I put some sound deadening material in there to tighten it up and my rattle/creak went away. I also cleaned every rubber seal along the door and edges up there then used some rubber restoration stuff, I think Gummi Pflege.

So one of those worked. Hope it helps

Just to be clear you do not have to remove the door panel, I just grabbed an image online for illustration
Oh my god ok dude I think you're right on the money if not really damn close. I had to glue back on a piece of like wood flexbile trim that's behind A pillar air bag. I had my glove box, A pillar and that panel of went for a test drive ZERO creaking I thought I fixed it with the glue but I was like impossible because last year it was sticked on.

So I put back one piece at a time. Start with A pillar go for a drive, fuckin'a not creak.

So I put the pannel in your picture and my picture below and the creaking came back right away. I took it out and it was still there faintly. Not sure if the piece pushed other thing around there or what... but at least I know it's not deep in the dash.

So to be clear, where did you apply your foam/sound deadening?

Appreciate 0