DASN54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 GMC Sierra  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey all, I just received my M-Tech front, rear bumpers and side skirts. I bought these of ebay and they are the ones made in Taiwan which were recommended by some F30 guys who said the fitment was excellent. Originally I was gonna go the **********s route however they were 5-6 weeks back ordered.

I live on the Central Coast here in California (Pismo Beach area) and I called 3 places which all gave me an estimate of $1200-1500 dollars to paint and prep (no install). I thought this was pretty steep considering how small the parts really are and minimal prep is required. Which brings me to my plan B which is ME lol.

I do pride myself as a pretty darn good detailer as in paint correction; I have wet sanded and corrected a lot of cars so I figured I'm gonna give this a go. I plan on building a little DIY paint booth (PVC and plastic sheeting) with some ventilation and good lighting. I called PPG and got a quote of $370 for everything I need; sealer/primer. base, hardener and clear.

I plan on scuffing with a red scotch brite and clean clean clean prior to primer. I will add pictures once I get this going, looks like rain this coming weekend so hopefully I can start the following weekend.

If anyone has any tips or prep/primer products that work good on the Polypropylene plastic the panels are made of please drop a comment.

More to come.....

Got the diffuser painted yesterday.

Scuffed with grey scotch brite pad, cleaned with dish soap, 3 coats of bulldog adhesion promoter and 4 coats of charcoal bumper/trim paint for an OE look.
Attached Images