2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by litxus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
You need this tool

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VI9P62..._32TWCbD5MJ2J5

1) Drain & Change the pan filter as usual.
2) fill pan filter
3) Take a see through, plastic container & mark put 3qts on it with a marker (measure first & then mark)
4) take the engine fan out for more room
5) use tool to unhook the return line from the transmission. If you are unsure, run the car for 5 min. It will be warm, where the other one will not.
6) securely put the open trans line into the see through container. Have someone start the car. When 3 quarts empties into the container shut the car off.
7) put 3 quarts of new fluid into the pan filter
8) repeat process until the fluid coming out of the trans is bright red. (Probably about 3x)
9) on your last fill, do the process of filling the pan filter & then running the car through the gears & doing a final fill between 90 & 120 degrees until the fluid starts to run out of the fill hole.

You will probably need 12-14qts
Thanks, I was hoping where I could just start the car and have old fluid out from one end and new in the other one, but your method seems to be more efficient as you are doing from 2 points at same time.
Yes, the car takes the trans oil from the pan sucking into the torque converter. The oil from the torque converter then gets sent to the trans cooler to be cooled and the routes back into the torque converter.

So, if you take off the initial line going to the trans cooler coming from the trans (torque converter) you will be getting rid of all the crappy/ old oil in that torque converter.
Appreciate 0