02-28-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Because you said Torque... the best bang for the buck mod in a manual car is a 3.73 diff swap from an automatic. I’ve done this a few times and paid about $200 delivered each time. Look on eBay for diffs.

As far as the engine mods go there are quite a few guys who have done the mods you mentioned. Typically guys start with a 3 stage manifold conversion which will give you more torque than MILV’s. I would stack the mods together (MILV’s and 3 Stage) and then buy a tune for everything (Redline, MILV’s, and 3 Stage) from Bob at StageFP.

I’ve run all the combos we discussed and gone through an evolution of mods on my car. There is no downside to them and I’ve been running the MILV’s, 7500rpms redline, 3.91 rear diff, a manifold swap with a tune from Bob for a few years and I’m very happy with the cars performance. I don’t have a dyno but I have this video...

God that thing pulls so clean and nice. Listen to BiginBoca, his build is beautiful and a perfect example of what to do with the non-turbo E9x series.
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3763.50