View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 02:25 AM   #121
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
FLAPS, I also have the AA tune, same issue as yours happened before. I have similar mods but still have the AA tune. What happened was the new tune outputs a power level which is outside of the acceptable safety torque range within BMW's ECU. So it then puts our car into this limp mode. I had gone back and forth with AA couple of times until they finally gave me a tune which has no such issue anymore. But I can feel the power output is a bit lower than before. My guess is they lower the tune a bit to get it right under that threshold where it throws the limp mode. Just to add, when I have the limp mode, my transmission gets limited down to 1st gear only, and a whole bunch of traction control indicators pop up along with the check engine light. After I pull over to the side of the road and shut the car down, restart again, everything's back to normal until it happens again. But the latest update I got from AA I've driven the car for over 6 months, while lowered power output, there aren't any limp mode anymore.

I, too, am looking to go to BPC next. But I'm waiting on my valvecover to leak so i can install the MILV's, then go to BPC for the tune altogether. I am giving up on AA as well.
Thanks Yupetc! This is exactly what is happening to me. Traction control light, check engine and downshifts to 1st gear. I pull over shut car off wait a minute or two then restart and its fine until it happens again.
My Performance shop blames my Indy shop and my indy shop blames the performance shop. Meanwhile AA has no answer as well...WTF!!!!

Do you mind if I pm ya for more details on your situation? Hopefully I can get Nick or Andrew at AA to just do a detuned retune.

And thanks again!!!!
Appreciate 0