View Single Post
      02-23-2021, 01:38 AM   #631
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
I have been running a tune2air WMA3000 for a couple years (2011 non iDrive). About 50% of the times I use it, after a few minutes the radio screen goes black, and audio stops for ~5 seconds, everything comes back on. This cycle repeats every ~10 seconds. Sometimes completely unplugging the tune2air and plugging it back in resolves the issue for a bit, but it often comes back eventually. Sometimes I can go for a several hour drive without it happening.

It ONLY happens when the tune2air is attached and actively playing. I thought maybe it was putting too much load on the built-in USB port, so I tried to wire it up to get power only from an external source by making a USB cable that splits power and data. The data side goes into the aux USB port, and the power side goes to cig lighter adapter. This significantly decreased how often it happens, but it still happens.

Not sure if I got a bad tune2air unit or if there's something else at play. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
i have now e81 with prof radio and i've retrofitted mulf2high and top hifi system and my mulf2high also drops it's functions every time in some time after i try to use it
so i think that i need to upgrade firmware in all MOST ECUs, - MULF2HIGH, TOP HIFI AMP, Radio and may be CD-Changer