View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Slight clunk with Wavtrac in reverse only

Had a shop install the wavetrac into the pumpkin (I brought pumpkin into them), I installed everything else. When shifting, going WOT no noise at all but I hear a clunk (Not very loud) when going from park to reverse. If the back-lash was not set correctly would this cause this issue?..when car is in nuetral there is a bit of play in the drive shaft before it engages and I was a bit concerned. The only reason I had a shop install the wavetrac was to set the back-lash LOL!! The Insert nut is tighten, all h;laf-shaft bolts are tight...EVERYTHING is torqued to spec.

How much play should be in the driveshaft before it engages (half shafts move)?? Is there a way to test this?

There looks to be maybe 3-4MM of play give or take a 1MM LOL!
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0