View Single Post
      10-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #16
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
What he is saying is that using the european weights which have been released for both and are very strict, the 135 weighs 40kg less than a 335 coupe. I find it highly, highly unlikely that the 135 weighs over 100 lbs less in America versus Europe.

OMG

BMW released the US spec sheet with and error. It has been corrected. The 135i weighs 198lbs lighter...!

We don't use KG's here in the States, we use LBS. Yes you can can convert, but lbs are more accurate. BMW had a mistake on their Uladen weight for the US spec'd 135i. In which they had it weighing almost 3,800lbs. Someone contacted BMWusa and they corrected the error.

BMW isn't going to release the weight of the 3 series, then change the entire method of how they weigh all the other BMW's, just to lie to us about the weight of a 135i ...!

Yes, BMW posted weights are with a specific set amount of simulated weight. So if you take it to a scale, which many have, their BMW actually weighs LESS than posted. Because BMW issues the weight of their cars as "Uladen"

HERE: <---- Click

-Garrett
Appreciate 0