09-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #82
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
That is a huge problem. I just shelled out $49K to replace my roof while others in my neighborhood went the route you described years after Irma. On one hand I feel stupid for using my own money. On the other, it just seems wrong and I couldn’t do it just because others did it.

I also understand roofers that harvest these claims jack up the price of the replacement to pay the inspectors and lawyers they get involved. So it’s not just paying for a roof it’s paying way more than it should cost. Absolutely needs to be reformed.
I had to replace my roof 6 years ago and cost me like $30k. That's a lot of money and I was making a lot less back then. I tried going to insurance adjusters and what not because the pos was also leaking every other week even after they would repair it. Ended up messing up my laminate floors (which are still messed up to this day). Eventually all the roofers refused to even try fixing it. Still not one single person came up to me and told me I could get my insurance to pay for it.

The water seems to be the biggest thing. The wind is bad, but I think a lot of the houses at least in my area are built to withstand that (not counting collateral damage like from a tree falling on the house or screened patio etc). However that flooding is scary. That would be my main consideration for getting out of there.

It seems this bitch is now coming up here. They are already sending emails telling us to get ready for power outages. Like dude... it's not even getting here as a hurricane, I think it's suppose to be a tropical depression. I guess when you have so many trees.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410987.00
2000cs3507.00