View Single Post
      01-07-2018, 07:06 AM   #30
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Although I did post a bit harshly about the girl that's the subject of this post, I myself am guilty, & proven so in a court of law for being caught twice within an hour my a mobile camera van. It was way back in 1999 when I had my M5 & I didn't know anything about it until four days latter when my summons arrived in the post
I was caught once traveling up the national speed limit dual carriageway at 117mph & then 48 minutes latter coming down at 129mph as I passed under the bridge that the camera van was hiding on & still accelerating, I frequently used to try...& did max the M5 out on that road. Yes I know I'm a bad man but I didn't crash & nobody died.
I was caught in December 1999 & went to court September 2000. I stood in front of three magistrates absolutely sure I was going to lose my licence, I had even sold the M5 two months before my judgement day was due.
I wrote them a letter saying how sorry I was & that I would no longer be able to work as self employed carpenter running his own buissness, I also told them that I had sold the M5, I had spent the last 9 months worrying & a friend of the family that was a Justice of the Peace wrote me a character witness letter.
Before sentencing I was asked if I received a fine would I be able to pay it that day, to which I replied yes. I received 6 points on my clean licence & was fined £1140.
It certainly taught me a lesson although I still did & do drive above the speed limit at times

We all do it, i just accept at some point if i speed i will be caught and i accept that.
people get so annoyed about being caught.... but like you say, 90% of us on this forum brought our BMWs as they are fast (well, the diesels are)
i've topped out my ZX9r before... google that speed

99 in a 50..... lets not forget some motorways get set to 50 at times, and dual carriage ways ect?

speeding is just a risk we take.... i think there are places you can speed with the only danger being yourself, and that fine in my book.... knowing your own risks and accepting them.

Thats one heck of a fine to pay you had!

ironically i've only ever been caught speeding once for 46 in 40.... in my 1200cc beetle 1972..... yes it was down hill.
Appreciate 1