Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Thank you. This is excellent!
It is tough to find a good source.
I started looking for Euro E91 Sport package cars to see if I can find a set of springs, but have yet to find 325i/328i/330i with xdrive and sport package.
I see that rear springs from M Sport E91s have codes starting with K, like K4.

I researched weight distributions and weights and found that front springs from E92 328xi with Sport package should work as both E92 and E91 328xi have the same weight on the front axle. I cannot find anything matching for the rear from NA market. The closest is a 335d.
For the rears you can use whichever RWD or Xd spring you want, since the back ends are identical.

For the fronts you might want to have a look at a spreadsheet I made last night:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=17
It uses measurements and a formula to calculate spring rate, then other published data (weight, spring free length, current ride height, etc) to approximate the change in ride height with other springs fitted. Untested in the real world, but gives results which are reasonable when comparing non-sport with sport springs for my car (non-sport e91 330d RWD).

Dakine is correct about the Xd and sport suspension...it doesn't exist. If you look at the sachs catalog, you'll only see non-sport ('ST') springs listed for the Xd cars... I guess that means you'd have to go aftermarket for the front springs really...so another +1 for just getting the coilovers and forgetting about it, I suppose
Appreciate 1
tlow982188.00