View Single Post
      11-30-2023, 08:35 PM   #50
MR OHNOZ
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport 2007, 335d 2011

Another newbie looking for non-stock tuning options 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDiesel View Post
I'll keep doing my homework on the tunes and report back on what I come up with.

Sounds like we are in similar boats. My first priority is to always keep my cars in top shape, which means that I'm tackling a lot of standard maintenance. Don't see any point in having a BMW if you aren't going to take the time to take care of it. Leading up to the tune I am doing a laundry list of things including: timing chain service, all seals/ gaskets (not head gasket), all transmission seals, new solenoids, and trans tune, already did the fluidampr pulley and clutched alternator pulley, motor mounts, trans mounts. Also CBU cleaning, and, of course, the full delete will come next. I love these cars (clearly since one blew up on me and I immediately picked up another one. lol) and my goal is to have this one until it is a smoking hole in the ground. I do all of my own wrenching, and rather enjoy it.

I think my main concern with everything is a synergy with the delete and the tune resulting in (of course) more power and reliability. That's why I'm curious about others' experience with tunes. Fair comment that it is subjective and there are likely proponents and haters likely for any tune. I'll keep digging to find what I end up deciding will make the most sense.

LSD would certainly be on the list of things that I think 100% make sense when you start getting the power turned up. Seems that Quaife and Wavetrack are the bests options, but I'm sure there are strong opinions on that, too. I'll have to keep posting as this all comes together. I definitely have found mounds of inspiration from all of the work that everyone on this forum has done over the years. Only seems fair that I do my part now.
Me too. Finished with the deletes and engine/trans work. Doing research on tunes. I really appreciate everyone sharing, it really helps. Contacted SPD. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0