View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
fionamarybeth
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Need help diagnosing/troubleshooting electrical problem!

okay so im sorry if this isn't in the right place or somebody has posted something similar to this already but ive tried searching everywhere and i am yet to find someone else who is experiencing a problem like this so here it is.

My E90 has been having on-and-off issues with (what seems?) like the driver's side window/side mirror controls. Originally, my side mirrors would intermittently fold in and out while driving. Next, window controls on the drivers side would occasionally be unresponsive but when trying to put the passenger/rear windows up/down the buttons on the corresponding doors would continue to work. After not working for a while, the buttons would seem to figure themselves out and would start working again. A couple weeks ago, my driver's and rear windows have started moving down by themselves in abrupt, seemingly random intervals (i.e., will move a couple of mm, stop, then 6cm, stop, then a couple more mm, etc.). today, when driving, the bizarre episode of the windows moving by themselves began again and when i got home i tried to put the windows up via the fob key in the door to which the rear windows went up, but the driver's window remained stuck a couple inches open. if you try to operate the back seat windows they also no longer work. passenger is fine.

I tried changing the fuses to no avail, even tried popping out the driver's side switches to see if there was some weird communication going on between the switches and the wires, still nothing. occasionally i will hear some clicking coming from the switch area (only on drivers side) that sounds like somebody pressing up on the switch on a window that is already closed.

if anybody has any idea where to start that would be greatly appreciated bc as of right now my unmoving drivers side window has been taped shut with a garbage bag
Appreciate 0